Car Accident Claims Manchester

Car Accident Claims Manchester

If you have been a victim of a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. At PR Scully, we have extensive experience in dealing with car accident compensation claims in Manchester and the UK, and we can help.

Whether you’ve suffered minor injuries, serious injuries, or damage to your property as a result of your road traffic accident, you need an expert on your side – even when the person who caused the accident admits liability.

Our personal injury law firm regularly recovers over £6 million per year in compensation for our clients, and we do all we can to ensure you receive the outcome and compensation that you deserve.

You can claim compensation for a car accident that was not your fault as a pedestrian, cyclist, passenger or driver. We will provide assistance through all of the steps of your claim, and ensure the best possible chance of success for your case.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3175 to discuss your car accident claim with our expert personal injury solicitors. We are leading personal injury lawyers based in Manchester who can help anyone who’s been involved in car accidents in the UK. 

How can I claim compensation for a car accident?

Where you have suffered harm as a result of a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. 

If you or someone in your family has suffered personal injury, financial loss and/or damage to your vehicle, get in touch with PR Scully to see if you are entitled to compensation. We will guide you through the entire process of making a claim, and fight for you to make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve.

If you have been injured in a car accident, we will arrange for you to be seen by a doctor. They will assess your injuries to be used as evidence in the compensation claims process. Evidence of injuries resulting from a car accident is incredibly useful for securing compensation from the driver or drivers at fault.

We are experts at successfully pursuing road traffic accident claims and can advise you on the claims process and what you can expect in compensation. We can help you understand what medical treatment you are entitled to as an injured person. Our road accident claims team can help secure early compensation payments if you are unable to work as a result of your road traffic accident injuries.

What happens if my car has been damaged?

If we are satisfied that the accident was not your fault, we will arrange for an engineer to inspect your car and assess the cost of repairs.

Even if your insurance is fully comprehensive, you do not have to claim against your own insurance policy if you would rather not, as it is likely to increase your motor insurance premiums. 

We will make sure that everything is taken care of, and that you will still be able to get around, even if your car has been damaged.

What will I need to pay in a compensation claim?

We operate on a no-win, no-fee basis when representing our clients. This means that you will not have to pay for our legal services upfront, and you will not need to pay our fees if we fail to win your case. 

If you succeed in receiving money in damages from the other party or their insurance company, we will receive some of this as a fee for our services. This will be part of a pre-arranged fee agreement, so there will be no surprise costs for our clients. We will act as a liaison with the insurance companies involved, who will usually pay the cost of compensation.

Our office will also take care of upfront expenses, such as the matter of private medical treatment.

How will my injuries be assessed?

We will arrange for you to see a doctor who will assess your injuries stemming from the incident. This is useful to your claim as they can gauge the severity of your personal injuries, in addition to determining the extent to which they will affect your quality of life and your ability to work.

Common injuries sustained in car accidents include major and minor fractures, crush injury, whiplash injury, hand injuries, brain injuries and soft tissue injuries. 

Once they have met with you, the doctor will then prepare a report and will predict, as accurately as possible, how long they think it is likely to be until your injuries sustained in the road traffic accident have healed completely.  

If you have suffered from a soft tissue injury to your neck or back (more commonly known as a ‘whiplash’ injury), the doctor will say how many months they think it will be before you make a complete recovery from your injuries. 

The doctor may also recommend treatment such as physiotherapy if you are suffering from severe pain.

In the case of serious injury, for example, brain injuries, they will recommend that you be treated in hospital. In some cases, the accident may also have an effect on your mental health. If so, a doctor may recommend counselling to deal with any trauma from the accident. 

Treatment options will depend on the types of injury suffered, as well as other factors.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3175 to speak to a personal injury attorney about your options in a car accident claim.

Can I claim compensation if I can’t work?

We understand how difficult it will be if you are losing income as a result of being injured in a road traffic accident, but you still have bills to pay. Suffering financial losses while recovering from an injury can be especially difficult to deal with.

If liability is not disputed, we will ask the fault insurers to make an interim payment to cover your lost earnings while you are off work. 

We will need copies of your wage slips or written confirmation from your employers detailing how much you would normally earn. 

If you are self-employed, the fault insurers are likely to ask for copies of your accounts or tax returns before they will agree to release payment.  We can discuss this with you in more detail if necessary, and advise on early compensation payments.

What will happen if my car is written off in the accident?

Even if your motor insurance is fully comprehensive, you are not under an obligation to claim against your policy.  If your car has been very badly damaged and is likely to be written off, we will arrange for your car to be inspected by an independent engineer. 

The engineer will place a value on the car and, as long as you are happy with the engineer’s valuation, we will forward a copy of the engineer’s report to the fault insurer and ask them to make payment.  

We can arrange a hire car while your car is off the road. Once the payment for the write-off value of your car has been received and you return the hire car, we will then recover the hire account on your behalf.

When a car has been written off in a traffic accident, the engineer assesses a salvage value.  The amount that you will receive from the fault insurer will be the market value, less the salvage value.  As an example, if your car is valued at £5,000 and the salvage value of the car is £500, you will receive £4,500. 

We will make all the arrangements with the engineer, and ensure that all of the necessary evidence is collected. 

What happens if I need private medical treatment?

If we are satisfied that the traffic accident was not your fault, we can arrange for you to have physiotherapy carried out and we will recover the physiotherapy costs from the fault insurer.  

PR Scully will manage the handling of all upfront costs, to ensure that you get the care that you need as soon as possible. 

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3175 to learn more about the next step in your car accident claim.

How much compensation will I receive?

Your personal injury claim compensation will vary depending on the nature of the injury sustained, how long it will last, and how much impact it has had on your life.

We will be able to advise you in advance how much road traffic accident compensation we think you should receive. Our legal team knows from experience what you are likely to receive in the vast majority of cases.

Once we have the medical report through from the doctor who examined you, as long as you are happy with the report, we will let the fault insurers have a copy and ask them to make an offer for compensation. 

If the amount of compensation that is offered is too low and we do not consider it fair compensation, we will advise you whether we think court proceedings should be issued.

As one of the leading personal injury law firms in the country, based in the Manchester area, we are skilled at estimating the size of the settlement you can expect, from our experience in previous cases. We will fight to ensure that you receive what you deserve, and will only charge legal fees if your claim succeeds.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3175 to make an enquiry with one of our lawyers about your car accident compensation action.

Claim compensation for car accidents with PR Scully today

Book a call back with us to discuss your road traffic accident compensation claim in more detail and how likely you are to secure compensation.

At PR Scully Solicitors, we specialise in personal injury claims, including those caused by other parties in road traffic accidents and other motor-related incidents. We are one of the leading personal injury law firms, based in Manchester, with a proven track record of recovering compensation for road traffic accidents, workplace accidents, medical negligence claims, small claims personal injury, and other personal injury claims.

Get in touch with our law firm today using the contact details below to claim compensation. We can answer any of your questions about the claim process, the time limit for your claim, and how much compensation you could win as an injured person. 

Our firm has experience representing pedestrians, motorcyclists, cyclists, and other road users. Whatever the circumstances of the accident, we can help you claim compensation – no exceptions. We adhere to the standards set out by the solicitors regulation authority.

We can support and guide you through every aspect of the claim process – from reporting the accident at the police station to whiplash law, the Road Traffic Act, and national accident law. There is no tailor-made claim process, every client, case and situation is unique. We’ll be with you at every stage, from start to finish to help you claim compensation.Get in touch with us via the contact page of our website or call us on telephone number 0161 768 3175 to enquire about representation by PR Scully for your car accident lawsuit.