Housing Disrepair Claims Manchester

PR Scully Solictors can help you with your housing disrepair claim

Your landlord has to do anything your tenancy agreement says they have to do, also generally responsible for keeping in repair.

That includes the structure and exterior of your home, for example, the walls, roof, foundations, drains, guttering and external pipes, windows and external doors.

If you’re renting from a private landlord, you’ll usually be responsible for minor repair jobs. For example, it’ll be down to you to change a broken light bulb.

The landlord is responsible for major repair jobs, which include things like fixing structural issues, mending faulty pipes or sorting out a broken toilet.

Collect evidence of disrepair

Send photos of the damage when you complain to the landlord, particularly if they’re not taking action and the problem is getting worse.

Keep copies of all correspondence, including texts, emails, letters or notes.

If you’ve had to replace damaged items yourself, keep the receipts. If the problem is making you ill, keep any letters from your GP proving this to be the case.

If the Landlord does not accept that repairs are necessary, we will instruct a Surveyor to visit your property and prepare a report which will set out all of the repairs that need to be done.

For more information on housing repair compensation claims, please give us a call at the practice and we’ll talk you through the options available to you.