With today’s busy lifestyles, many people are opting to have laser hair removal treatment to eliminate the need to shave and wax on a regular basis.
Laser hair removal works by a pulsing laser light targeting the root of the hair and down the melanin content. The high temperature of the light damages the hair follicle and reduces the chances of further hair re-growth.
After the treatment the hair should shed within one to three weeks. However, if the hair was not caught in the correct phase of growth it will regrow and will therefore need to be treated again. This is why it will take multiple sessions.
If the hair does not come out at after the first treatment then the regrowth should appear softer and finer each time.
Laser Hair removal is not completely painless and can be described as a sensation similar to having an elastic band flicked on the area being treated. The pain however should never be severe or prolonged.
Some laser hair removal is done in specialist clinics however more and more beauticians and tanning salons are now also starting to offer the procedure.
Many people who undertake the treatment suffer from mild side effects which include:
- Itching skin
- Pink skin
- Redness of and surrounding the treated area
- Swelling around the treatment areaSuch side effects should however only last for 2 to 3 days.
Some more serious side effect include:
- Permanent skin discoloration.
If you have had complications after laser hair removal that may put the company or practitioner at fault for negligence then you may be entitled to claim for compensation.
- Road Traffic Accident Claims
- Fatal injury compensation claims
- Amputation Compensation
- Brain injury compensation claims
- Wrongful Police Arrest
- Serious Injury Compensation Claims
- Housing disrepair compensation claims
- Pedestrian Accident Claims
- Accident At Work Claims
- Cosmetic Treatment Compensation Claims
- Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claims
- Bicycle Accident Compensation Claims
- Public Liability Compensation Claims
- Medical Negligence Compensation Claims
How can we help?
Contact our Accident Claim Solicitors