Motorcycle accident claims

Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claims

If you are unfortunate enough to be one of the thousands of motorcycle riders who are seriously or slightly injured in road accidents each year, you may be entitled to claim motorbike accident compensation.

Motorcycle accident claims are one of the specialities of our firm of personal injury solicitors. PR Scully will represent road users who have suffered in an accident on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, to ensure that legal fees are not a barrier to your bringing a claim.

PR Scully are expert motorbike accident solicitors who can help you make a successful claim for severe injuries, medical costs and/or post-traumatic stress disorder and secure motorcycle accident compensation. We have a track record of successful injury claims, securing £6 million in compensation for our clients each year.

Visit our website to read positive reviews from previous clients, and call us on 0161 768 3238 to find out more about making a compensation claim with our team of expert lawyers.

Am I entitled to make a claim?

In the majority of cases, when motorcyclists are hurt in road accidents in England and Wales, the data shows that it is through the negligence of car vehicles or another road user. Sometimes a cyclist or pedestrian may be involved too. The likelihood is that another driver caused the accident, not you.

Motorists also often feel that motorcycle accidents are not their fault, even when they are. For example, when they may not see motorbikes at a junction or may swerve to avoid potholes, driving into the path of a motorcycle. They have a responsibility to be aware of other road users, whether motorists or motorcyclists, especially in fast-moving traffic.

No matter how careful a motorbike rider you are, motorbike accidents often happen because car drivers do not pay enough attention to bikers.

It’s vital to use specialist motorbike accident claims solicitors like us for your motorcycle accident compensation claim or personal injury claims. We have the right legal training, combined with years of experience in dealing with incidents like yours. We will also act as a supportive litigation friend throughout, guiding you through the entire legal process.

You might consider making a motorbike accident claim if the incident has had a significant impact on your life. For example, if a loved one has to provide daily care as a result of your reduced capacity, or if you have suffered financial losses.

Get advice and information about your motorbike accident from one of the top law firms for motorcycle accident compensation claims. 

Contact us via our website or call us on 0161 768 3238 for an initial consultation with a solicitor about a potential lawsuit using our legal services.

What evidence can be used?

Police reports are an essential source of information. The police may gather information from witnesses about the details of the accident, which will be helpful to your claim. If any of your friends or family were witnesses to the accident, their testimony may be used.

It may also be possible to gather evidence from the footage of nearby CCTV cameras, from the roads and junctions where the accident took place. This can be used to determine the registration number of the vehicle that hit you.

It will also help your claim if you have photographs of your injuries or of damage to your motorcycle. Pictures of injuries or property damage can be used as evidence to show the effects of the accident.

Contact us via our website or call us on our phone number 0161 768 3238 to speak to an expert attorney about your situation.

How will my injuries be assessed?

PR Scully will arrange on your behalf for you to be seen by a doctor who will ask you questions about the circumstances of the collision and the injuries you suffered as a result of the motorcycle accident.

Injuries resulting from collisions may include, for example, brain damage, broken bones, PTSD, scarring on the body from road surfaces, fractures, head trauma, injury to the leg, injury to the hands, and brain injuries. 

In some cases, physical injuries may require limb amputation if the injury is sufficiently serious. Sadly, in some tragic cases, a motorcycle accident may result in the death of a loved one.

The doctor will complete a medical assessment and prepare a medical report which will predict, as accurately as possible, how long they think it is likely to be until your injuries have healed completely. If you have suffered permanent disability, you may be entitled to additional compensation.

If you have suffered from a soft tissue injury, either back or neck injuries, or any whiplash injuries, the doctor will say how many months they think it will be before you can make a complete recovery.

The doctor may recommend rehabilitation options, such as surgery and physiotherapy, depending on the seriousness of your condition and the severity of your pain. They may also recommend counselling if your mental health has been affected.

Contact us via our website or call us on our phone number 0161 768 3238 to inquire about becoming a client.

What happens if I cannot afford to pay for medical treatment?

If we are satisfied that the road traffic accident was not your fault, we can arrange for you to have physiotherapy rehabilitation support, and we will recover the physiotherapy cost from the fault insurer.  

A physiotherapist will carry out an initial assessment of your needs and should be able to tell you how many sessions of rehabilitation treatment you are likely to need.

Contact us via our website or call us on our phone number 0161 768 3238 to speak to experts about your injury claim.

How much motorbike injury compensation will I receive?

Once PR Scully has the medical records and report from your doctor, as long as you are happy with the report, we will let the fault insurers have a copy and ask them to make an offer for motorbike injury compensation.

We will be able to advise you on the amount of money we think you are likely to receive for your motorcycle accident claim, based on factors like the extent of your injuries and the details of the accident, including who’s at fault and any negligence.

The compensation amount depends on how serious your injuries are, how long they will last, and how much suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident.

From experience, PR Scully knows how much compensation people usually get from different types of motorbike claims.

To assess motorbike injury compensation, PR Scully looks at previous cases that have been decided by the Court and also at the Judicial College Guidelines which sets out how much compensation the court should award.

If the amount of compensation settlement offered is too little, we will advise you whether we think court proceedings should be issued for higher damages.

Get in touch today with our law firm of expert UK motorcycle accident solicitors. Ring us on 0161 768 3238 to make an enquiry about victim compensation following road traffic accidents.

What about compensation for my motorcycle?

The answer to this question depends on the type of insurance you have, the two main types being:

Fully comprehensive insurance 

If you have the benefit of a fully comprehensive insurance policy, you may wish to let your own insurance company deal with the damage to your motorbike, whether it is repairable or written off.

You will either have to pay an excess if the bike is repaired or written off (the excess is deducted from the write-off value). You can then claim back the excess from the third-party insurer and assuming that liability is accepted, your no-claims bonus will not be affected.

Even if you are completely insured, you do not have to claim compensation against your own policy if the motorcycle accident was not your fault.

As long as liability has been accepted, you can choose your own repairer. PR Scully will arrange for an engineer to carry out an inspection and reach an agreement on costings with the repairer.

Once completed, we will send an invoice to the insurers who will then pay the repairer’s expenses.

Third-party insurance

If you have third-party insurance, you don’t unfortunately have the option of claiming for repairs against your own policy. That only applies if your insurance is fully comprehensive. 

However, if liability is accepted by the third-party insurer, we can still process arrangements to have your bike repaired.  You can choose your own repairer. 

We will instruct an engineer to inspect your bike and agree costings with the repairer. 

We will then authorise the repairer to go ahead with the repairs and, once they have been completed, we will send the repairer invoice to the third-party insurers and ask them to make payment.

Contact us via our website or call us on our phone number 0161 768 3238 to speak to a lawyer in our office about your rights.

Can I have a hire bike while my bike is off the road?

If liability is accepted for the road traffic accident, then whilst your own bike is off the road (whether you are waiting for it to be repaired or for the write-off cheque to come through) we can, in most cases, provide all expenses and compensation for a replacement hire bike.

If you have been injured in the accident and you are not well enough to ride a bike, but you are still able to drive a car, we can arrange the travel expenses for the cost of a hire car instead if one is required.

Contact us via our website or call us on our phone number 0161 768 3238 to inquire about representation by PR Scully.

What happens if I cannot work because I am injured?

We understand how difficult it will be if you are losing income as a result of being injured but still have bills to pay. 

If liability is not disputed, we will ask the fault insurers to make an interim payment to cover your loss of earnings and expenses while you are off work. 

We will need copies of your wage slips or written confirmation from your employers on how much you would normally earn to make the case of what is needed to cover your loss. 

If you are self-employed, the fault insurers are likely to ask for copies of your accounts or tax returns before they will agree to release payment on your case. 

Our legal team can discuss this with you in more detail during your accident compensation claims process if necessary.

Get advice now on your motorbike compensation claim using the contact details below:

Contact us via our website contact form. Call us on 0161 768 3238 for more information. 

You can also email, or find us at the address below.

OfficeP R Scully & Co Solicitors Limited,
166 Chaddock Lane,
M28 1DF

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 667 8260 for a consultation about your liability claim with our liability team

How can we help?

Contact our Accident Claim Solicitors

Contact Us