Pedestrian accident claims

Pedestrian Accident Claims

If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you could be entitled to pedestrian accident claims compensation.

If you have been hit by a car, or injured in a road traffic accident, the police ought to be involved.

Once they have been contacted, PR Scully will be able to obtain most of the details for your pedestrian accident claim case from the police report.

PR Scully will need to find out what happened, who the driver was insured with and whether there were any witnesses present who can assist with your case.

Before going ahead with your pedestrian accident compensation claim case, it is imperative to establish that the driver was at fault. 

PR Scully injury solicitors are UK personal injury compensation claim lawyers who operate on a no-win no fee basis.

It’s vital to use specialist pedestrian accident solicitors for your accident claims.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 667 8260 for more information

Pedestrian Injury Compensation Claim Process

Making pedestrian accident claims in order to claim pedestrian injury compensation requires proving liability to the fault insurer.

Detail sof the accident events must align exactly with your personal testimony.

Circumstances surrounding your accident, alongside your physical injuries, are vital; these include the vehicles involved, the car driver, poor road maintenance, and whether you were in oncoming traffic.

Pedestrian injury claims for severe injuries or sadly a fatal pedestrian accident must be reported to the police immediately.

Pedestrian hit and run compensation

What if the driver involved in your pedestrian accident doesn’t stop but drives off?

If you, or any witnesses to your pedestrian accident have the registration of the vehicle driver, PR Scully will be able to carry out a search and trace the details of the driver and the insurers.

What if the driver left the scene of the accident and I haven’t kept their details?

If the police did not attend the scene of the accident, you should report it to them as soon as possible.

Especially if you were hit by a car in a hit and run.

Even if the driver cannot be traced, there are still accident claim options that we can pursue on your behalf.

The Motor Insurers Bureau is an organisation that will meet accident claims against untraced drivers as long as they are satisfied pedestrians claims have taken place as described.

What happens if I cannot work because of my injuries?

PR Scully understands how difficult things can be if you cannot work due to pedestrian injury. Losing income becomes especially hard when there are still bills to pay. If liability to your pedestrian accident claim is not disputed, PR Scully will ask the fault insurers to make an interim payment that covers your loss of earnings while off work.

If you are self-employed, the fault insurers are likely to ask for copies of your accounts or tax returns to prove losss of earnings before they will agree to release payment.  We can discuss this with you in more detail if necessary.

What happens if I need medical treatment but cannot pay for it?

If we are satisfied that the pedestrian accident was not your fault, we can arrange for you to have physiotherapy rehabilitaion carried out and we will recover the physiotherapy support costs from the fault insurer.  A physiotherapist will carry out an initial assessment and should be able to tell you how many sessions of treatment you are likely to need.

How are my pedestrian injuries assessed?

PR Scully will arrange for you to be seen by a doctor who will ask you questions about the injuries that you suffered as a result of the pedestrian accident.  The doctor will also ask to see your medical records and whether you have had to take time off work and how your home life has been affected.  

If you have not suffered life-changing injuries, it would be a good idea to think about the ways in which your life has been affected by the injuries before meeting the doctor to esnures all your incurred expenses and inconveniences can be covered.  For example, friends or family members had to help you with day-to-day tasks such as housework that you would normally have done yourself. Pedestrian accident statistics show that alongside minor injuries, the most common injuries suffered after hit-and-run accidents involving pedestrians are those to our mental health.

Once they have met with you, the doctor will prepare a report and will predict, as accurately as possible, how long they think it is likely to be until your injuries have healed completely.  If you have suffered from a soft tissue injury to your neck or back (more commonly known as a “whiplash” injury), the doctor will say how many months they think it will be before you make a complete recovery from your injuries. 

How much pedestrian car accident compensation?

Once we have the medical report from the doctor that examined you, as long as you are happy with the report, we will let the fault insurers have a copy and ask them to make an settlement offer for your claim for pedestrian compensation.  

We will be able to advise you in advance the pedestrian accident compensation settlement we think you should receive.  The settlement amount for pedestrian accidents varies depending on how serious your personal injuries are and how long they are likely to last.  From experience, PR Scully knows what you are likely to receive in a settlement for different types of pedestrian accident claims.  

In order to assess an amount for pedestrian compensation, a lawyer will look at previous peesstrian damage cases that have been decided by the Court and also at the Judicial College Guidelines which sets out how much compensation clients should receive.  If the amount of pedestrian accident compensation offered is too low, we will advise you whether we think Court proceedings should be issued.

Get in touch today about pedestrian car accident compensation or your pedestrian injury claim

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 667 8260 for more information