Housing Disrepair Solicitors Manchester

If you live in a rented property and your home is in a state of disrepair, you may be entitled to make a property disrepair claim. PR Scully are leading housing disrepair solicitors in Manchester and we can help you get compensation from your landlord or housing association based on your specific circumstances.

We will give you the best possible advice about your situation, and we’ll help you get your life back on track so you no longer have to endure poor living conditions and the harm and stress it causes.

It’s vital to use specialist housing disrepair solicitors for your housing disrepair claim or personal injury claims. PR Scully are personal injury compensation claim lawyers with extensive experience in disrepair cases, who operate under a no win no fee basis.

Contact us today about your housing disrepair claim – GET IN TOUCH.

What do housing disrepair claims Manchester cover?

Financial loss

If you have lost out financially due to housing disrepair (having to redecorate more often than usual or damaged furniture, for example) PR Scully will help you seek compensation and ask your private landlord to compensate your losses.

Distress caused

We can help you to make a claim for the repair work to be carried out and help you to claim compensation for the distress you may have suffered due to the damage and disrepair of your home.

Health problems and medical costs

If you have suffered physical health issues or illness (for example, respiratory problems or difficulties due to damp) you may be entitled to compensation for any injuries caused and medical costs or costs for pain relief, with a personal injury claim.

Get in touch today to discuss how much compensation you may be entitled to with your housing disrepair claims. Our estimates are calculated based on your circumstances, your tenancy agreement, and the nature of the housing disrepair. PR Scully is a leading housing disrepair solicitor in the Manchester area and we work on a no win no fee basis.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3174 for more information and advice about disrepair compensation claims for tenants, without any hidden charges.

What is housing disrepair?

If your personal property has not been properly maintained by your landlord, it may have fallen into a state of poor condition, or housing disrepair. Our housing disrepair claims service can help.

The phrase ‘housing disrepair’ covers a wide variety of problems such as structural issues, faulty electrical wiring or other electrical issues, leaking pipes, a faulty boiler, a faulty central heating system, or any failure to provide necessary repairs which could mean you’re adversely affected by your living conditions. They may even pose a serious risk to your health.

As specialist housing disrepair lawyers, we can advise you on your rights according to the tenant act and your tenancy agreement – and how much compensation you could be entitled to receive.

We act for private tenants and housing association tenants in Manchester and around the UK, so you can contact us whether you live in a private property or a housing association property. Get in touch with our team today to claim compensation with our no win no fee basis.

We are leading housing disrepair claims solicitors in Manchester – Contact Us.

Does my landlord have to carry out repairs to my home?

Your landlord is under an obligation to make sure that your home has safe living conditions. Items should be in proper working order and it is the landlord’s responsibility to make sure that the property is safe through maintenance and repairs.

Tenants pay for a rented property and in return, it is the landlord’s duty to carry out repairs and maintenance if they are required.

How do I force my landlord to repair faults?

It is important that you have notified your landlord of any problems that you have in your rented accommodation. The landlord has to be on notice that there are problems with your home. Once they have been notified, if they have not carried out the necessary repairs within a reasonable time, you can begin to take action against them.

Once you have provided PR Scully with details of the problems that you have been having, we will write to your landlord to confirm the repairs that need to be carried out. At the same time, we will put the landlord on notice that we expect them to pay compensation to you for the inconvenience and distress that you have had.

What if the landlord denies the housing disrepair issues?

If the landlord refuses that repairs to the property are necessary, we will instruct a surveyor and environmental health officer to visit your property and prepare a report of expert evidence which will set out all the repair faults that need to be dealt with.

Will I have to face court action?

It is very unlikely that you will have to attend court. Even if we get to a stage of issuing court proceedings, generally speaking, cases will settle before it gets to the stage of anyone having to appear in court.

Once we have sent a copy of the surveyor’s report to the landlord, if the landlord fails to agree to carry out the repair work set out in the report by the local authority, we will have to issue court routes and proceedings. We will ask the court to make an order to force the landlord to carry out the repairs. At the same time, we will ask the court to award housing disrepair compensation to you.

What compensation will I get?

The amount of compensation awarded will depend on your specific circumstances. We will advise you during our initial appointment. Your claim can depend on the property, the repair problems, and the landlord’s failure to undertake property maintenance and repairs, in keeping with the tenancy agreement and the Tenant Act.

As experienced solicitors with years of experience providing advice in this area of the law, we can assess if you can expect a reasonable amount. You can then decide whether to issue proceedings in order to make a claim against the landlord.

We offer ‘no win no fee’ representation if you decide to proceed, and no-obligation advice in our initial appointment. We take on private tenant and housing association tenant cases, to seek compensation from private landlords and housing associations for disrepair claims.

‘No win no fee’ disrepair claims for Manchester

Because we understand that our clients may not be able to pay all the legal fees for disrepair claims up front, we give clients the option of a conditional fee agreement or working on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.

No win no fee compensation claims mean that we will do all the necessary work to make a claim and will only be paid if the case is successful. Sometimes, that means that we will do a lot of work towards a claim against a landlord or housing association, but do not end up being paid with the no win no fee approach.

If we do win the claim but cannot recover all our fees, we ask clients to pay for some of our fees from their compensation. Some firms call this a success fee. We act for housing association tenants as well as private tenants. We can answer any questions you have about legal aid funding for your claim too.

If you want to claim compensation for your landlord’s negligence in housing disrepair, contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 768 3174. 

Get in touch today to discuss your housing disrepair claims.

Trusted Manchester solicitors for property claims against landlords

Book a call back with us to discuss your property disrepair claim in more detail and how likely you are to secure a reasonable amount of compensation.

At PR Scully Solicitors, we specialise in housing disrepair and personal injury claims, including ones caused as a result of negligent landlords or negligence by a housing association.

Get in touch with us today using the contact details below to start your landlord or housing association negligence claim with our team. We’ll be happy to advise you about your claim and how much compensation you could win.

Contact us about your property disrepair claim in Manchester – ring 0161 768 3174 or CLICK HERE.

How to find us

P R Scully & Co Solicitors Limited,
166 Chaddock Lane,
M28 1DF