Pedestrian accident claims

If you are unfortunate enough to have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to claim compensation. If you have been hit by a car, or injured in a road traffic accident, the Police ought to be involved. Once they have been contacted, PR Scully will be able to obtain most of the details of your pedestrian accident from the Police report.

PR Scully will need to find out what happened, who the driver was insured with and whether there were any witnesses present who can assist. Before going ahead with your pedestrian accident compensation claim, it is imperative to establish that the driver was at fault. 

PR Scully injury solicitors are personal injury compensation claim lawyers who operate under a no win no fee basis. It’s vital to use specialist road traffic accident solicitors and specialist personal injury solicitors for your pedestrian accident claims.

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 667 8260 for a consultation about your liability claim with our liability team

Pedestrian accident claims process

Making pedestrian accident claims in order to receive and claim compensation requires proving liability for the fault insurer. To claim pedestrian accident compensation events for the road accident must also align with your personal testimony. Circumstances surrounding your accident, alongside your physical injuries, are vital; these include the vehicles involved, the car driver, poor road maintenance, and whether you were in oncoming traffic.

Compensation claims for severe injuries or sadly a fatal pedestrian accident must be reported to the Police immediately.

What if the driver who caused the accident drove off?

If you, or any witnesses to your pedestrian accident have the registration of the vehicle driver, PR Scully will be able to carry out a search and trace the details of the driver and the insurers.

What if the driver left the scene of the accident and I haven’t kept their details?

If the Police did not attend the scene of the accident, you should report it to them as soon as possible. Especially if you were hit by a car in a hit and run. Even if the driver cannot be traced, there are still accident claim options that we can pursue on your behalf. The Motor Insurers Bureau is an organisation that will meet accident claims against untraced drivers as long as they are satisfied your pedestrian accident claim has taken place as you describe.

What happens if I cannot work because of my injuries?

PR Scully understand how difficult things can be if you cannot work due to personal injury. Losing income becomes especially hard when there are still bills to pay. If liability to your accident claim is not disputed, PR Scully will ask the fault insurers to make an interim payment that covers your lost earning while off work.

If you are self-employed, the fault insurers are likely to ask for copies of your accounts or tax returns before they will agree to release payment.  We can discuss this with you in more detail if necessary.

What happens if I need medical treatment but cannot pay for it?

If we are satisfied that the accident was not your fault, we can arrange for you to have physiotherapy carried out and we will recover the physiotherapy costs from the fault insurer.  A physiotherapist will carry out an initial assessment and should be able to tell you how many sessions of treatment you are likely to need.

How are my injuries assessed?

PR Scully will arrange for you to be seen by a doctor who will ask you questions about the injuries that you suffered as a result of the pedestrian accident.  The doctor will also ask to see your medical records and whether you have had to take time off work and how your home life has been affected.  

If you have not suffered life changing injuries, it would be a good idea to think about the ways in which your life has been affected by the injuries before meeting the doctor.  For example, friends or family members had to help you with day to day tasks such as housework that you would normally have done yourself. Pedestrian accident statistics show that alongside minor injuries, the most common injuries suffered after hit and run accidents involving pedestrians are those to our mental health.

Once they have met with you, the doctor will then prepare a report and will predict, as accurately as possible, how long they think it is likely to be until your injuries have healed completely.  If you have suffered from a soft tissue injury to your neck or back (more commonly known as a “whiplash” injury), the doctor will say how many months they think it will be before you make a complete recovery from your injuries.  The Doctor may also recommend treatment, such as physiotherapy.

How much compensation will I receive for my injuries sustained?

Once we have the medical report through from the doctor that examined you, as long as you are happy with the report, we will let the fault insurers have a copy and ask them to make an offer for pedestrian compensation.  

We will be able to advise you in advance how much pedestrian accident compensation we think you should receive.  This amount of pedestrian accident compensation for road traffic accidents varies depending on how serious your injuries are and how long they are likely to last.  From experience, PR Scully knows what you are likely to receive for road traffic accident claims.  

In order to assess an amount for compensation, we look at previous cases that have been decided by the Court and also at the Judicial College Guidelines which sets out how much compensation clients should receive.  If the amount of pedestrian accident compensation that is offered is too low, we will advise you whether we think Court proceedings should be issued.

Get in touch today to discuss how much compensation you may be entitled to with your pedestrian car accident compensation or pedestrian injury claim

Contact us via our website or ring us on 0161 667 8260 for a consultation about your liability claim with our liability team